School Safety & Security Webinar Series
Join us for any or all of four 30 minute webinars dedicated to the safety and security of schools.
How to Create a Flexible Back-to-School Pandemic Plan
Thursday, September 17th - 10:00-10:30am
While some school districts have chosen virtual learning, others are reopening with precautions in place, and others are opting for a blended approach. Whatever the case may be, schools need to be able to communicate new guidelines, procedures and expectations to ensure success. Please join us for a webinar that will cover the following:
- Mass Notification for Remote Learning: Share critical updates, check on employees' well being, send updates via SMS, mobile app, desktop pop-ups and collaboration spaces.
- Mass Notification for In-Person Learning: Mitigate spread of disease by pre-screening students and staff prior to arrival, quickly communicate new policies, broadcast health and safety reminders throughout the day over on-premise infrastructure (speakers, desktop computers, digital signage), use mass notifications to share information about how the school is handling a positive COVID test.
- Plan for the Future: Design a robust safety and security platform for emergency management, active shooter events, natural disasters.
How to Protect Your Schools from Ransomware Attacks
Thursday, September 22nd - 10:00-10:45am
Scammers are taking advantage of the pandemic and a remote teaching model to exploit any gaps in our security protocols. A data breach on top of everything else is the last thing you need.
Please join us for a deep dive into the ways that email threats to schools are evolving and becoming more advanced. Our friends at Barracuda will provide an overview of the innovative security strategies and technologies you can deploy to combat them.
- Find out how to accurately assess your current email security posture
- How to ensure staff and students don't put your network at risk
- Understand how hackers’ strategies have evolved and some of the simple steps that can be taken to combat them
- Update on recent attacks as hackers look to capitalize on COVID-19 pandemic
Get info on how to use a free email threat scanner to find dormant threats in O365 mailboxes to help identify email security gaps
How to Improve Network Security and Fix Dropped Calls & Zoom Freeze
Thursday, September 24th - 10:00-10:30am
Traditional network architectures weren’t built to handle the workloads and complexities of most digital transformation initiatives. More troubling is that operations-critical services such as VoIP and Zoom can be compromised. Join us for this 30 minute webinar to learn about SD-WAN (software-defined WAN), a solution that sounds a lot more complex than it is. Here are give ways SD-WAN can help you:
- Improve performance by prioritizing critical internet traffic and real-time services like VoIP and Zoom and steer it over the most efficient route.
- Boost security with integrated security features like encryption and sandboxing that prevent data loss and downtime.
- Lower complexity and give your IT team a break by simplifying the WAN infrastructure.
- Enable cloud usage and allow workers to directly access cloud applications from anywhere without burdening the network with additional traffic.
- Reduce costs by leveraging low cost local internet access, providing direct cloud access and reducing the amount of traffic over the WAN.
How School Staff Can Safely & Securely Communicate
Tuesday, September 29th - 10:00-10:30am
Now more than ever, the use of powerful remote work tools is not just a matter of preference, but a matter of safety and security. This webinar will highlight RingCentral's collaboration solutions that ensure operational continuity and school health and safety. We will discuss how these layers of safety and security can be part of your unified communications solution:
- Transmission security - to prevent interception of your communications.
- Infrastructure security - encrypted networks and layers of authentication safeguard communications
- Proactive fraud mitigation - to prevent fraudulent calls and charges
- Enterprise-class reliability - so key personnel can be reached immediately and that your phone system will never go down, even in natural disasters
- Integration with mass notification - trigger notifications to security teams, key personnel and 911