Webcast: Balancing the impact of a pandemic on fee funded agencies
Join Grant Thornton to discuss how fee-funded government agencies can effectively plan to manage budgets during challenging times.
Fee-funded programs provide federal, state and local governments with a cost-effective method of financing a wide range of government services. But when user fees drop precipitously due to an unexpected event – like the current COVID-19 pandemic – agency leaders must have effective strategies in place in order to maintain the organization’s financial balance.
With proper planning, government agencies can succeed during these challenging times by evaluating the strengths and weaknesses of their fee programs, leveraging the flexibility and efficiency offered by user fees, and fostering stronger customer-supplier relationships.
This webcast will cover:
- Understanding the challenges facing fee-funded agencies during COVID-19 and plans for how to handle reopening
- How to stabilize operations
- Understanding the benefits and opportunities fee-funded agencies specifically have during COVID-19
- Aurpon Bhattacharya, Principal, Grant Thornton
- Tony Scardino, Principal, Grant Thornton
- Gretchen Anderson, Director, Grant Thornton
- Kim Murnieks, Director, Ohio Office of Budget and Management
- Garey Rice, Deputy Assistant Secretary for Program Support for Health and Human Services Program Support Center