Webcast: Election Assurance in the time of COVID-19
Join GT Public Sector, Gov. Martin O'Malley, Daniel Persico & Kurtis Minder to discuss the concerns election officials need to address to protect the election.
Ensuring the security and integrity of elections has become a vital concern for democracies world-wide. The 2020 U.S. Presidential election will be no different, but it goes beyond worrying about foreign actors influencing our elections. The impact of COVID-19 is forcing states to revisit assumptions of voting operations and creating new never before seen challenges, including the need to increase safety needs at polling places, provide more flexibility in how people exercise their right to vote, and develop resources and information so citizens are well informed. Our panel of experts will discuss the concerns election officials need to address this year to protect the integrity of the 2020 election.
In this webcast we will cover the following learning objectives:
- Discuss the ways COVID-19 has and will affect voting patterns and operations
- Understand activity occurring on the dark web and cybersecurity threats to election integrity
- Explore the best practices to counter fraud threats
- Martin O’Malley, former Governor of Maryland and Mayor of Baltimore
- Daniel Persico, Chief Information Officer, Virginia State Department of Elections
- Dave Simprini, Principal, Grant Thornton
- Kurtis Minder, CEO, GroupSense
- Mary Redding, Director, Grant Thornton