Announcing the Ransomware Trends Report for 2023
- CISO or another responsible IT executive
- Security professionals
- IT operations
- Backup administrators
According to the 2023 Data Protection Trends Report, 85% of organizations suffered at least one cyberattack in 2022, which is unfortunately up from 76% in 2021. As such, and to ensure that Veeam continues to develop industry-leading solutions that enable cyber-resiliency, Veeam contracted a global research firm to survey organizations of all sizes across 14 countries around the world.
The 2023 Ransomware Trends Report provides insights into:
- Organizational alignment between cyber and backup teams — and their executive leadership.
- The contents of most risk management roadmaps and incident response playbooks.
- How were ransoms paid, and what is changing in cyber-insurance?
- How many organizations, even if they had policies not to, were able to recover?
- How pervasive were the attacks? How much data were organizations able to recover?
- Were criminals able to affect backup repositories?
- How were organizations able to avoid re-infecting their environments during recovery?
The first look at data from the 2023 Ransomware Trends Report was presented at VeeamON 2023, the community event for data recovery experts, in May 2023. Over the next several weeks, we’ll be looking at the topics below, unpacking research results and discussing how these findings are affecting cyber-resiliency strategies for 2023 and beyond.
Be sure to check out our May 29 LinkedIn Live session, where we will kick off this series. Stay tuned throughout the blog series, as additional blog posts and corresponding livestream sessions will address:
- The severity of these attacks (their frequency, pervasiveness and recoverability).
- How did organizations pay the ransom? Where does cyber-insurance apply?
- How often were criminals able to impact backup repositories to force payment?
- What are organizations’ recovery strategies moving forward, and where do they intend to recover from in the event of another cyberattack or disaster?
- How do you ensure you are not re-infecting your environment during recovery?
Download the full report at 2023 Ransomware Trends Report.
About the 2023 Ransomware Trends Report: The 2023 Ransomware Trends Report is the latest and largest research report based on unbiased cyber victims in the history of backup and availability, as surveyed by an independent research firm with 1,200 responses from 14 countries that summarizes nearly 3,000 cyberattacks. Download the full 2023 Ransomware Trends Report to get access to all the lessons learned from other CISOs, SecPros, IT Ops and backup admins. Want to learn more about cyber-resiliency solutions at Veeam? Visit the Veeam Ransomware Solutions page.
For more information or questions, contact:
Veeam SLED Territory Manager