Governance in Office 365
“If a magic fairy instantly gave you absolutely all the information resources the company would ever need, do you think people would instantly know what to do with it and how to use it well?”
– Peter G.W. Keen
Planet Technologies offers a comprehensive governance engagement that covers the gamut of data, access, collaboration, identity, and compliance authority in Office 365. The segregation of governance controls has been rapidly evolving within the Microsoft stack, creating confusion about how to accommodate interoperability between applications. Every level of control and administration is covered with this engagement; with a high-level focus of technical stability, sustainability, business needs, and usability/adoption.
The Planet Technologies Office 365 Governance engagement is broken down into the following logical sections:
- Global Governance - Infrastructure, support model, auditing & monitoring, Microsoft search, user agreement, and adoption plan.
- Office 365 Groups Governance – Group naming policies, classification policies, guest access policies, Group creation restriction policies, expiration/retention policies, and dynamic Group memberships.
- SharePoint Online Governance – Logical architecture, site request & provisioning, naming conventions, look & feel, access & permissions management, data deletion/backups & retention, retention & deletion policies, auditing & monitoring, and application integration.
- OneDrive for Business Governance – Deployment & storage, access & permissions management, synchronization, device Access, data deletion/backups & retention, compliance, and notifications.
- Teams Governance – Persistent conversations, Teams hierarchy, availability of applications & services, and messaging policies.
- O365 Application Governance – Microsoft Planner, OneNote, Stream, Power Apps/Automate are all integral with Office 365 incorporated into your larger governance strategy.
For more information contact Jennifer Dodd at email@example.com